Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Andy Gives Me a $3,000 Toe!!

Tonight, Alice showed me the Xrays of my new toe. I stared and stared at them on her computer. I sat in her lap dead still as she explained how Dr. Andy Staatz put two small pins and a very small plate on the broken bone. She said that's why I must try not to jump up or down on furniture or up and down stairs for many weeks as the bone heals. But, oh, it's sooooo hard not to be able to go where one wants when one wants. Very frustrating. I know I should be very thankful. Without the surgery, my toe likely would have never healed right. Caused pain forever, gotten constantly infected, then amputed. I wonder what monks would have done in Tibet if this had happened to my great, great, great grandparents? In Tibet, they know a lot about bones and joints. Over the next couple of months, I'll be seeing more of Dr. Andy and perhaps also his very gentle "CCU" nurse, Jessica. They both know how to make me feel warm and very safe.