Sunday, March 22, 2009

While I Doze in the Sun....

I'm recovering from a nasty infection. Flattened me for a week. Only starting to trot on walks again today...
Alice spied an ad for an art auction about dogs. Here are some she liked. I wonder if this means I might one day have another picture painted of me? I like this one of a serious English Pointer. Focused on something interesting off to one side. A bird? A person? A dog peeking out of a window?
And this one of a little puppy. Makes me think of my puppyhood when my feet seemed too big and too awkward.
Finally, an Irish setter with something appropriate in the mouth instead of those moogy tennis balls. That's what those setters should be doing - dashing around fields flushing birds and bringing them back for their person to cook into tasty treats for the people.... and the dogs, too, of course! I'd be glad to try some perfectly cooked game bird with a bit of cooked barley one day.... hopefully.... maybe.....