Saturday, January 24, 2009

2009 and The Rag Carpet

Here I am yesterday on my old kitchen carpet. I helped Alice guard a big house high in the hills where this carpet is for the moment. A rainy day. I just wanted to stay warm, keep my paws dry and have holdings with Alice.
I'd not seen that carpet in many years. It's funny how things and people come in and out of one's life. I walked into the room with it. Stopped dead in my tracks. Sniffed an edge of it. Alice told me, yes, it was my carpet, but it took me away to feel cmfortable to sit on it.
Here I am with the carpet when I was just about a year old. I was watching my Ellie do something while Dan took this picture.
Alice remembers helping Ellie pick out the colors of that carpet to match the Lady Bird Johnson wildflower wallpaper in the kitchen years before I was born.
I wonder where that carpet will be in another ten years? And if anyone will remember it was was mine and Ellie's? And that the colors were so carefully picked?